Saturday, May 10, 2008

On This 9th Day of May, 2008

There was no doubt in my mind about walking in this graduation ceremony. I had been looking forward to it for 22 months. It turned out to be such an exciting evening at the University of California, Irvine Bren Events Center. The Concordia University banner proudly hangs in the background. 33 years old, 3 kids, one hot husband, two dogs, full time teacher.... and a Masters Degree...

Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

Most of my classmates from my 10 classes walked in the ceremony as well. This was my partner for our Final Action Research Project, Kelley Aguiar. We teamed up for most of the projects and presentations over the course of this entire program. I couldn't have picked a more perfect partner. I was blessed to get to know Kelley over the course of the past two years.
My supportive family after the ceremony. I hope this degree will benefit us for many years to come. Don't be fooled by Davin's expression...inside he was doing kartwheels!
My Mom, sister Lisa, and Dad...the supporters from the early days of my education to now.
Gram... one proud Gram, I should say, had so many reasons to be excited. She worked at Concordia for 8 blessed years, as she would say. I have to admit I was most excited for her to see me cross the stage punching my fists in the air.After the ceremony we headed to the Daily Grille in Irvine for a classy, delicious dinner where my newly found freedom was rolled out to my surprise. Yep, its a daisy yellow beach cruiser, with a basket (not pictured). I jumped on it in the middle of the restaurant...such an awesome surprise! As well as an IPOD and a Costco membership...Can't wait to use it all!

3 comments:

Ericka said...

congrats!!! you must be SOOOOO proud of yourself!

Luv Bug said...

From what Ben tells me, and from what i see on here, looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm so happy for you! Looks like all the hard work paid off! ...And i luv, luv, luv the bike! See ya later! --Victoria <3333

P.S. I meant to tell you today that i luv your new look with the glasses. You look so smarticle with them!

CD said...

oh Sarah!!!!
I am so so so proud of you!
what a great feeling, your joy just radiates from these photos

WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO to YOU lovely girl!!!!!!!!

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs